<- Previous picture Stop show Next picture ->
Image number 7146
oldredhill.com image number 7146
Share with ...

"The Knob, near Reigate." The Knob or Knob House was built in the 1880s-1890s. It was called both, but became The Rectory for St Mary's Buckland from 1923-1984. In 1984 the Diocese/church sold the property when Betchworth and Buckland became a Joint Benefice with one vicar who chose to live at the Betchworth Rectory. So in 1984 it became the privately owned 'Old Rectory' which it still is today, at the corner of the A25 and Rectory Lane. The back has been extended on both ends so this picture is now not easily recognisable.

With thanks to Duncan Ferns for the description.


Website Copyright © 2002-2022 Paul Walters.
Ownership of all of the material on this website remains with the respective owners.
No part of the website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or any means,
electronic or manual, without prior permission from the website author.
Please read a statement on copyright, our privacy policy, and our cookie policy.